Friday, July 1, 2011

July Blog of the Month – Emily A. Clark

Today I am thrilled to be featuring Emily A. Clark as the July RDH blog of the month.


The first time I came across Emily’s blog I immediately fell in love with her family friendly, modern take on traditional style.

Emily’s Family Room

Emily’s Dining Room


Eating Area in Emily's Kitchen

Emily is an interior designer from Charlotte, NC who believes beautiful spaces can be achieved through creativity – even on a small budget – by shopping for bargains and repurposing pieces clients already own. A perfect example of this philosophy is her daughter’s bedroom which was featured on HGTV and in Southern Child Magazine.


Instead of painting white circles on the wall behind the bed, Emily simply used wall decals. The side table was found at T.J. Maxx and was spray painted black.


She also repainted a dresser which she found in her Dad’s storage building. My favorite part of this project is how Emily used different patterned pieces of scrapbook paper to line the drawers. Genius!


A great new feature on Emily’s blog is her “Now . . . and Then” series. If you have ever looked back at old photographs of rooms in your house and cringed (I know I have!), then this series is for you.
Emily asks guest bloggers to share a picture of a room in their house from years ago and compare it to the same space today. Guests are then invited to share what they don’t like about the old space, what they like about the new space and how their style has evolved.

One of her most recent guests was Tobi Farley who shared the pictures shown below.

Tobi's Dining Room Then


Tobi's Dining Room Now

To see what Tobi had to say about her dining room click here.

Besides working with local clients, Emily also offers on-line design services. Look at this beautiful design board she recently created.

To see more of Emily’s incredible style be sure to stop by Emily A. Clark. Also be sure to congratulate her on her well-deserved upcoming feature in Better Homes and Gardens Magazine!


6 comments:

Morgan said...

Wow, those pictures are gorgeous! I love how modern, but simple her style is. =)

Abby M. Interiors said...

I'm already such a fan of Emily and in glad to see her featured here!
Abby

Stacy CUrran said...

Sorry....nevermond my last post...I misread! This is a great post....I really enjoyed it. Your style reminds me of Emily's
Stacy

SHERRY HART said...

Stacy, I love Emily! Her home is stunning and I can't wait to see what she does to her new home!!!

Emily A. Clark said...

Thanks again for featuring my blog :)

Dear Lillie said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!! Gorgeous! I love that polka dot room she did.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin